Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Philosophy on Reading

I have always been an avid reader, but never to the levels that I reached in 2007. In many ways, it was a wonderful year of self discovery; however, I highly doubt I would have grown half as much as a person were it not for the amount and (fortunately!) quality of books I read. Though I stopped keeping track after the first few months of 2007, I will estimate that I read (or re-read) over 100 books in 2007.

Now one might think that setting an arbitrary higher number for "books read" in 2008 would be the way I would go about things, but I think such a thing is highly necessary; rather, my goal in reading for 2008 is to read a wider variety of books and thus expose myself to more randomness. This should help me develop my ability to form and articulate ideas "from left field" and hopefully continue to help me grow as a person.

And I've been asked a few times about the best books I read in 2007 as well as books I'd recommend in a variety of fields (i.e. investing, business, life) so such queries will certainly drive a few more posts in the coming weeks!

No comments: