Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Lessons From Newport

It seems like every time I come back from Newport I end up being tired but thankful for such a good time. In fact, I always have good conversations that range from reflecting one's parents to talking about books and getting started on book reviews. Of course, you can look back through the blog (just run a search for "Newport" in the blog search and you'll see the various posts referencing a weekend or trip there).

All that being said, this past weekend was interesting because I had never been in the winter. Newport is rather rainy this time of year and it's more similar to a ghost town because of the weather and off-peak travel season. Sure, I wasn't able to play golf or enjoy the outdoors, but the important thing is I was in great company and had a wonderful time. Even in the winter, Newport is special to me!

My favorite lesson (re-emphasized) is that to be successful and happy you must surround yourself with people who care about your success and happiness. Seems an easy lesson to remember, but being with great friends drives home the point!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how you learned that there is a high incidence of cops on the way back on Sunday nights!

Nice post! -BW