Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Book Review: "The Amber Spyglass"

Take some time to reflect on MLK Day...

I love when "it all comes together" in a book series. This experience is similar to what I felt when I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... it's too bad The Amber Spyglass originally came out over 10 years ago (it's too bad because I wish I had read this series earlier).

This third book starts off slower (and does not throw you into the action like the first two) but the pace quickens and, of course, the plot thickens. In fact, one thing I noticed is that even halfway through the book I had no clue how most of the plot was going to resolve itself... which makes it even more incredible when it all comes together in the end.

I greatly enjoyed this series and if you have a couple hours free time I encourage loyal readers of this blog to pick up the first book, at least, and try it out. Worst comes to worst you spent $7 or 8 dollars on the book; in the best case scenario, you become thoroughly entertained and read a wonderful series that touches on all the major themes of life but teaches a wonderful (and to me surprising) lesson about love.

No comments: