Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Great Quote!

This afternoon I started reading a book that I've been meaning to read for a while now, and so far so good! The book is entitled What We Believe But Cannot Prove and is a collection of short essays by the leading thinkers answering that very question. I can tell I'll be raving about it further when I've finished, but this quote struck me today & I couldn't resist sharing! A slightly morbid, but still amusing, reason to believe in faith without proof:

"We have no guarantee of eternal life, not at all. The enigma of death is still there, ineradicable. But the basic fact that we are still here, despite snakes, stupidity, and nuclear weapons, gives us reason to have confidence in ourselves and each other, to trust others, to trust life itself. To have faith. Because we are here, we have reason for having faith in having faith." - Tor NΓΈrretranders

No comments: