- Youth as media junkies, from The Economist. Who saw this one coming?
- Seen more of those trip applications on Facebook recently? That may have been fueled by a rumored $3 million offer for one of them.
- There has been an increase in Facebook induced roommate switches.
- Joanne Jacobs on how technology can only fix so much.
- Regarding technology: the CD turned 25 yesterday.
- Via blog reader feedback: Have you heard of The Singularity? It is, at the very least, thought provoking.
- Public education is getting worse, via Townhall.
- The response arguing public education is getting better, via Trenches of Public Ed.
- Overcoming Bias is arguing that academia's main function is to validate impressive people and that research progress is a side effect.
- Big Mike's satirical take on classes that colleges should offer.
- A strong defense of philosophy, via Philosopher's Blog.
- Never thought about this before but what's your grocery store mindset?
- What are the chances that this analysis of Border's shows up hours after I write this analysis?
- Random thought of the day: Have you ever wondered about the way you walk? I heard an interesting discussion on the radio about how we analyze so much of our lives. This includes hair styles, clothing styles, personality styles, and so on yet there's never a detailed analysis of how people walk differently. Warning: You may find yourself thinking about how you walk after this random thought.
Want to know a good way to stay aware of our newest posts? Just subscribe to the blog by clicking the "Posts (Atom)" link at the bottom of the page or by clicking the orange RSS box in your URL window.
Like what you see and want to help us out? Just import our blog into your "Notes" on Facebook for hassle-free updates (thank you to those who have done so already). Spreading the word about the blog always helps.