Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pressure to "Succeed"

I've talked about my ups and downs with Penelope's blogging before, but this post really struck home when I read it over the weekend. The reason it made me think so much is I have a friend who recently (I suspect) took the wrong job because of some reasons Penelope lays out in the post. While this friend isn't particularly close, it really made me think that in a year or two this particular friend is going to be quite unhappy in the job they're planning to accept.

I know that paragraph was pretty vague, but I have to protect identities, especially on a blog. Do you ever feel the pressure to do what your parents want? If you're working full time, do you like your job and/or find it fulfilling?

No comments: