Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Chris Yeh posted on my blog!

OK, I thought this was so cool:

Chris Yeh said...
I haven't been blogging as much (been pretty busy), but I'm glad that you like the thoughts I share with Ben!

So most of you probably don't know who Chris Yeh is... and that's important for understanding why this was so cool. Dude is like entrepreneur extraordinaire and a great thinker; I can't figure out for the life of me why someone hasn't added a Wikipedia post on him yet.

Anyways, I make an offhand comment about him on my last post and he writes a comment on our blog! At first I thought "Is Chris Yeh God? How did he find us?" but then I realized he probably does what I do... set up a Google Alert with his name, puts the setting to daily, and then reads what people write about him (in case it's slanderous). I could be wrong, but that's my theory on how he found us.

So my question to our readers: do you use Google Alerts? They're very useful for keeping track of any topics you're interested in, so I encourage you to go set them up at google.com/alerts or by clicking here.

P.S. Oh and here's to Chris posting more and more often. Here's his great blog.

2 comments:

Chris said...

CK,

Thanks for the follow-up post. I'm going to have to quote you on that at some point--"entrepreneur extraordinaire and a great thinker"!

As for Wikipedia, I'd be delighted if someone wrote one. People have tried before, and considering that other articles like the one on PBwiki reference me, it seems like such a bio would have a good case, but every time, it ends up getting deleted.

Of course, considering the Ben Casnocha doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry, perhaps I shouldn't complain. Surely one of BusinessWeek's Top 25 under 25 deserves a mention (though the same argument would apply to my being named one of the top tech entrepreneurs under 35).

If you decide to take this up and need ammunition, let me know.

Finally, I admit that I do have a Google Alert set up for my name--gotta make sure no one is taking it in vain!

I will try to post more in the future...I have had a lot going on, but things are starting to settle down.

Anonymous said...

chris-

yeah I will take it up! send some info our way at info@cktutors.com and I'll get it on wiki this weekend. btw the author is actually mostly me (rafael)... and I'm amazed at how quickly you responded to this!

-rafael