I am a firm believer that there are some things in life that are always worth the money. Here's a few of the things that I'll splurge on & why I think they're worth it:
- Shoes- it's all about comfort! Don't believe me? Try it! (Cue the obligatory clever reference to walking a mile in one's shoes...)
- Sudafed & Tylenol (v. store brand)- I enjoy the coating & despise the lack thereof enough to spend the extra $1.50!
- My favorite candy- those green frogs with marshmallow on the bottom; they're rare enough to remain a novelty even though I buy them every time!
- Presents for others- if it's a really great gift, I can't resist!
- Dessert- particularly at fancy restaurants, but even in general, it's hard to beat a delicious ending!
- High-quality socks- my lovely roommate Sarah once said if she were a millionaire she'd buy enough socks to have a new pair for every day! I completely agree! (I got these fantastic ones from Timberland...)
- Fresh flowers- flowers are simply amazing to me & having fresh, beautiful ones to come home to just makes me so happy!
And if you say a great real estate investment, you've missed the point. Go talk to CK! ;-)