Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Reading (A lot)

Earlier this year, I went through a particularly fast reading phase. I read over 40 books in less than 6 weeks, which you can imagine would have been quite expensive had I not borrowed most of those books from friends. Normally, I read on average 2-3 books a week, which means I will have read anywhere between 140-190 books this year.

The types of books I read are generally new books in business and investing, but I often venture out and read many other types of books; regardless, I haven't touched many "classics" and older books in a while. But yesterday I discovered something that should help out every avid (or aspiring) reader - Project Gutenberg.

Project Gutenberg is the largest legitimate collection of free books, available online and for download, and encompasses books by authors ranging from Twain to Shakespeare to Dickens to Vonnegut, and so forth. I encourage all readers to give the website a visit!

No comments: