Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Picking their brain...

Following up on this previous post about taking advantage of opportunities to pick smart lecturer's brains, I had an interesting discussion yesterday on my flight to NYC with the lady next to me.

She began with some small talk and then explained that she was going to NYC for some training. This lady owns her own company but was going to get training from Pfizer from some world renown doctors. The interesting thing was that she was paying for her flight from St. Louis, paying for her own hotel, and paying for her other expenses to hear these doctors talk!

Naturally, I had to double check and ask if she thought it was worth it to which she replied, "Are you kidding me? I'd pay way more just to pick these smart people's brains. This is priceless." This just goes to show the importance that even accomplished businesspeople place on continual education!

I wonder how much I would pay to hear certain lecturers, such as Steven Levitt, Christopher Browne, or Warren Buffett...

No comments: