Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Book of the Month (June): Raising the Bar

I’m going to start a monthly post (about a week before each new month) on a book I feel most everyone can benefit from and should read for that month. Even though reading an entire book in just a month can be challenging, this will be a good experience for all the blog readers; at worst, you’ll get a synopsis at the end of the following month when I blog about the pros, cons, and lessons learned from the book.

June’s book of the month winner is… “Raising the Bar” by Gary Erickson and Lois Lorentzen. The book is about the lessons that Gary Erickson, founder of Clif Bar, learned during his life. I recommend the book because it combines stories and lessons about leadership, independence, business, the outdoors, and a multitude of other things. I like to think of the book as a series of go anywhere romps through his (and his company’s) fascinating life. I promise you won’t be disappointed by the book.

Around this time next month I’ll post thoughts about the book and a brief synopsis, along with further questions to think about. In the meantime, happy readings!

No comments: