Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Linking Back: Cost of Students, Principals, and Video Games

In what I hope will become a useful feature of this blog, at the end of each week I will provide links from the previous week about topics that didn't quite get the attention of a full post.

- CNN reported yesterday that the U.S. spends an average of $8,701 per student.

- Newsweek had a great article on the role of principals in education. Newsweek has recently been criticized for their school rankings, which place heavy emphasis on AP courses attempted (and not enough on actual AP scores, as "The Numbers Guy" at the WSJ notes in this post).

- This was an interesting post off a comment one of the bloggers made about academic rigor (or lack thereof) in schools.

- A post on the role of video games in child development. I found it particularly interesting since my parents didn't let my brother and I get a gaming system until Playstation 1 came out. I 've always wondered what effect that had on our development, if any.

- Lastly, this is a great post on the impact teachers can have on a young student.

No comments: