Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Sharing news and commentary about education, careers, investing, and life.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Augusta Views: "It's a bittersweet symphony, this life"

Thanks to The Verve for the wonderful lyric that is the title of this post...

My family is currently going through a difficult time as my grandmother has been quite ill for some time now. I am taking some time to be with them, but I couldn't let y'all down; I know you've been waiting anxiously for my debut post!

Actually, I decided to post this morning because I wanted to share with you my thoughts. Despite everything that we're going through right now, my family and I are able to draw strength from one another and comfort from the knowledge that she is in good hands. The hospital staff has been wonderfully attentive not only to her needs but to ours as well. Everyone involved has shown true compassion and dedication towards our beloved grandmother, mother, and wife.

This experience has reemphasized to me the importance of having a good support system. In every aspect of life, being able to rely on others makes all the difference.

Who do you rely on in times of need? Which individuals in your life make up your support system? I encourage you to reflect on this and, as always, be grateful for what you have.

No comments: